MMPS Dog Walking Terms and Conditions
Terms of Business for Services Effective 8th June 2018
1. The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Muttley & Martha Pet Services and agrees to indemnify Muttley & Martha Pet Services in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Muttley & Martha has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behavior towards any person or any other dog.
3. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Muttley & Martha prior to using our services. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify Muttley & Martha Pet Services immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive or dangerous behavior of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. Muttley & Martha offer services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. Muttley & Martha Pet Services will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed.
7. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of Muttley & Martha Pet Services, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorizes the staff of Muttley & Martha Pet Services to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of Muttley & Martha may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
8. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Muttley & Martha immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. We reserve right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
9. The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Muttley & Martha. All such media remain the property of Muttley & Martha Pet Services.
10. The Client agrees that Muttley & Martha is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
11. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten one hour before pick up to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat.
12. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will not be refunded.
13. The Client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Muttley & Martha Pet Services in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
14. The Client agrees to make full payment for all bookings in advance (pay before dates are included on the invoice). No booking/slot will be guaranteed without payment being accepted. Bookings can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
15. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by staff of Muttley & Martha Pet Services in writing.